The IMSc Library has established the following broad goals:
- Foster and support research, teaching, and learning by providing resources, access to knowledge, information and ideas;
- To establish and maintain state-of-the art library facilities;
- To acquire, organize and disseminate need based information resources in print, non-print and electronic forms;
- To design and develop library intranet server to host all the electronic information resources and to provide campus wide information access; and
- To design and develop web enabled information access tools
The accomplishments of IMSc Library over the years are substantial in meeting the above goals. Through innovative acquisition, organization, and delivery of information, the Library effectively provides information for our clients - faculty, students and visitors.